Epistémê Entrepreneur ITWs: How does it work?
The first mission of Epistémê Entrepreneur E² - is to give voice to scientist-entrepreneurs in the field of Deep Tech ie startups whose mission is to develop and bring into the market a new technology.
At first, I wanted to focus only on spin-offs from academic research in the French-speaking world. But after reflection, I think it would have been a shame to restrict myself because so many great projects emerge from all around the World!
So there will also be deep tech startups with interviews in English, and also specials that I call "High Science / Low-Tech".
"High-Science / Low-Tech" businesses are low-tech businesses ie businesses that do not develop and do not use advanced technology but are continuously infused with the latest scientific knowledge.
- Winemaking perfused by oenology (agronomy and plant biology, microbiology, genetics, biochemistry, physical-chemistry)
- Marketing/communication / public relations perfused by behavioural sciences (social psychology, neurosciences ...)
- and many other businesses and sectors.
The E² interviews will be done in two parts:
1) Questions about the journey from University to Startup, the desire to create a stratup and the idea of the business (how the problem/opportunity was identified?) and whether this idea has changed over time (pivot or strengthening of the initial vision). The difficulties that the entrepreneur and his team faced in the early days of the business and how they overcame them.
The objective is to inspire the audience to commit into tech entrepreneurship and especially deep tech.
2) Questions about the business model: what you offer (and why you are the best) and to whom (type of customers), how you communicate and market your offer to your customers, how you produce your products, and your key partners. We will also talk about competition or rather the dissatisfaction of the targeted customers or the insufficiency of current solutions.
The goal is not of course to reveal "secrets" but simply for the audience to understand how your business works and how your value proposition is different and the best!
The tone of the interview is 100% benevolent and 100% pro-entrepreneurs, you will have the questionnaire in advance, and of course, you can suggest any correction, addition or deletion of questions.
On the form, we record a video in Zoom or Skype, then I distribute the video file on the Youtube and the audio on podcast channels. My guests will of course have a copy of these files (with the freedom to do what they want with them).
Normally, I wanted to do a 45 min max format ... but entrepreneurs are fascinating and we go over the 1h30 and more!